Ro Health is currently hiring qualified Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) to join our staff and work in public schools all around San Diego.
Help us support one of the LARGEST school districts in the county!!!
NEW GRADS WELCOME - No Peds experience required! See paid training resources below
- Specialty: School Health, Pediatrics, Special Education
- Locations throughout South San Diego, East County
- Positions Available: Full-time (30+hrs), Part Time (less than 30 hrs) (Per Diem)
- Shift: May vary, approximately school hours, anywhere between 7:00am-4:00pm.
- Days: Monday through Friday, no holidays or weekends
- Target Start Date: ASAP!
Benefits for nurse:
- Monday-Friday Schedule - never work nights or weekends
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage (for FULL-TIME employees)
- 8 Days of PTO
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Free Continuing Education Credits offered through medcomrn.com
- 5 hour paid orientation prior to your start
- On-call Clinical Supervisor support during school hours
Responsibilities may include:
- Health Office coverage
- Distributing medication to students with a med pass
- Provide client care according to approved Plan of Care
- Assist in providing a safe environment for the client
- Comply with all documentation and record-keeping requirements
- Working 1x1 with a patient that has one or more of the following (G-tube, trach, catheter, diabetic, seizures)
- Active, California nursing license
- 1 year nursing experience preferred, RECENT GRADS WELCOME!
- Passion for excellent pediatric patient care!
- Physical Demands: Physical Demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform functions. This position regularly requires employees to talk, hear, and communicate with both children and adults. This position requires employees to use their hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. Employees are frequently required to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The position may require lifting, bending, and crouching. The employee will occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds.
*Paid Training Provided*:
- Seizure disorder education
- Diastat administration
- Insulin injections and pumps
- Diabetic Management
- Medication Administration
- G-tube feedings
- Tracheostomy Care
- Continued Clinical Supervisor mentorship throughout assignment
Ro Health San Diego Branch is a primary provider of school nursing opportunities from Chula Vista up to Oceanside. We partner with school districts to help fill and provide quality nurses to any of their current/ future vacancies. Each year we have gradually taken over the school nursing market with our quality nurses, which is a product of the extra clinical support we provide anyone on our staff.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Per diem
Salary: $27.00 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Referral program
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- LVN (Required)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person